- 3/4 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) container low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chile peppers, drained
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and set aside. Melt butter in skillet, and cook and stir the green onions and mushrooms until tender.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, cottage cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and chiles. Stir in the sausage, green onions, and mushrooms. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Blend in the melted butter. Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.