- 2 eggs
- Cooled chicken or fish stock – 1 cup
- 1 dash sake
- Soy sauce – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped cooked chicken breast meat – 1/2 cup
- 1 shiitake mushroom, sliced into strips
- Fresh parsley, for garnish – 2 sprigs
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs gently while slowly pouring in the chicken stock, sake, and soy sauce. Divide the mushroom and chicken evenly between two small teacups. Pour the egg mixture into each cup until filled.
- Bring about 1 inch of water to a boil in a steamer or saucepan. Reduce heat to a simmer, and place cups into the steamer. Cover, and steam for 12 minutes, or until egg is firm but soft and silky like tofu. Garnish each cup with a sprig of parsley, and serve.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.