- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
- 1 large onion, halved - unpeeled
- 3 carrots, cut into chunks - unpeeled
- 2 stalks celery, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- water to cover
- Place chicken in a large pot with onion, carrots, celery and peppercorns; add water to cover. Cover pot and bring to a boil; reduce heat to a gentle boil and cook for about 90 minutes, or until chicken meat is falling off of the bone. Remove chicken, let cool and shred or chop the meat.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.