- Prime rib roast – 1 (10 pound)
- Garlic, minced – 10 cloves
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – 2 teaspoons
- Ground black pepper – 2 teaspoons
- Dried thyme – 2 teaspoons
- Place the roast in a roasting pan, the fatty side up. In a bowl, mix together the garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme. Rub the mixture over the fatty layer of the roast, and let the roast sit out until reaches room temperature, but no longer than 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F /260°C/Gas Mark 10.
- Bake the roast for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 325 °F /165°C/Gas Mark 3 and continue roasting for an extra 60 to 75 minutes until the roast slightly pink in the inside.
- Let the roast rest for 10 or 15 minutes before cutting so the meat retains its juices.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.