- Ready-to-eat ham – 1 (5 pound)
- Whole cloves – 1/4 cup
- Dark corn syrup – 1/4 cup
- Runny honey –2 cups
- Butter – 2/3 cup
- Preheat oven to 325 °F /165°C/Gas Mark 3.
- Using a knife, cut the surface of the ham in a diamond-shaped pattern. Stud ham with cloves. Transfer ham to the pan lined with foil.
- In the top pan of a double boiler, heat the corn syrup, honey and butter. Keep glaze warm while baking ham.
- Brush glaze over ham, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Baste ham every 10 to 15 minutes with the glaze. During the last 4 to 5 minutes of baking, turn on broiler to caramelize the glaze. Remove from oven, and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.