Warm Brussels Sprout Salad with Hazelnuts and Cranberries
- Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered – 1 pound
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp.
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped hazelnuts – 1 cup
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- Maple syrup – 2 tbsp.
- Chopped fresh rosemary – 2 tbsp.
- Dried cranberries – 1 cup
- Grated Pecorino-Romano cheese – 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 425° F/ 220° C/Gas Mark 7.
- In a bowl, mix Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place sprouts onto a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven.
- Roast until sprouts are tender throughout, about 15 minutes.
- In a skillet over medium-low heat lightly toast hazelnuts to release their fragrance, for about 5 minutes. Transfer hazelnuts to a bowl.
- In the same skillet, fry bacon over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Add maple syrup and rosemary; cook, constantly stirring, until the bacon drippings and maple syrup thicken, for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix roasted Brussels sprouts and bacon sauce. Sprinkle over with chopped hazelnuts, cranberries, and Pecorino-Romano cheese; toss well. Serve warm.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.