Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Brownies
- Shortening – 1 cup
- Brown sugar – 1 cup
- White sugar – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
- 3 eggs
- All-purpose flour – 2 cups
- Baking soda – 1 tsp.
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
- Semisweet chocolate chips – 1 1/2 cups
- Cream cheese – 2 (8 ounce) packages
- White sugar – 1/4 cup
- 2 eggs
- Chopped pecans – 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350° F/175° C/Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together shortening, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup white sugar. One at a time, beat in the eggs, then stir in the vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; mix into the sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips, and set the mixture aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cream cheese and 1/4 cup white sugar. Mix in the 2 remaining eggs.
- Spread 1/2 of chocolate chip dough in bottom of the prepared pan. Pour cream cheese batter on top of dough. Sprinkle with pecans. Drop pieces of the remaining chocolate chip batter over filling. Don't worry if there are gaps; the batter will spread.
- Bake for 45 minutes in preheated oven, or until lightly browned on the top. Let the brownies cool in the pan before cutting into bars.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Dessert recipes