- 6 egg yolks
- White sugar – 1 1/4 cups
- Mascarpone cheese – 1 1/4 cups
- Heavy whipping cream – 1 3/4 cups
- 2 (12 ounce) packages ladyfingers
- Coffee flavored liqueur – 1/3 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting – 1 tsp.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar vigorously in the top of a double boiler, over boiling water. Keep whisking while cooking for about 10 minutes,. Remove from heat and beat with a mixer until the yolks turn to a pale lemon yellow color.
- Add mascarpone to the yolk mixture. Beat until well combined. In a separate bowl, whip cream till stiff peaks start to form. Gently fold the cream the into yolk mixture and set aside.
- Line the bottom of a large glass bowl with lady fingers. Brush with coffee liqueur. Lay half of the cream filling over the lady fingers. Repeat the layers: place the second layer of ladyfingers, brush with coffee liqueur, and top with the yolk and mascarpone mixture.
Generously sprinkle with cocoa and refrigerate for at least 9 hours.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Dessert recipes