Almond Thumbprints with Raspberry
- Butter – 1 cup, softened
- White sugar – 2/3 cup
- Almond extract – ½ tsp + ¾ tsp, divided
- All-purpose flour – 2 cups
- Raspberry jam (seedless) – ½ cup
- Confectioner’s sugar – ½ cup
- Milk – 1 tsp
- While preheating oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4, cream butter with sugar until very smooth. Add ½ tsp of almond extract, stir well. Mix in flour in small batches until the dough is thick enough to come together.
- Roll small balls (1 ½ inch in diameter) and place them on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. With your thumb, poke a hole in the center of each ball and fill it with raspberry jam.
- Bake for about 15 minutes (up to 18) until golden brown. Let cool for a minute and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Mix the remaining almond extract with milk and confectioner’s sugar until smooth. Drizzle the glazes over the cookies while still warm.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Dessert recipes