Chilean Beef and Pumpkin Stew
(cooking time: 2 hr 45 min; 6 servings)
- Beef roast – 1 ½ lb, cut into 6 chunks
- Beef broth – 1 32-oz carton
- Water – 2 cups
- Polenta – ¼ cup
- 8 red potatoes, washed, halved
- 1 onion, quartered
- Pumpkin – 1 ½ lb, cut into 6 chunks
- Corn – 2 ears, cut into thirds
- 1 carrot, sliced ½-in thick
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeds removed, large diced
- Celery – 1 stalk, large cut
- 1 leek, halved lengthwise, diced ½-in thick
- Fresh oregano – 1 tsp, minced
- Mild paprika – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Cilantro – ½ cup, chopped (leaves only)
- Place beef into a large saucepan, cover with broth and water and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce to medium, let simmer under lid for 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- Add polenta, stir well, add potatoes and onions. Let simmer for 15 minutes under lid. Add pumpkin chunks, carrot slices, corn, bell pepper, celery and leek. Let simmer until tender, adjust the amount of water if needed, but it should barely cover the meat and veggies. Add oregano and paprika, stir well, cook for 5 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot in large bowls, sprinkled with cilantro.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.