Beets and Orange Salad with Arugula and Ricotta
- Medium beets – 1 ½ lb, peeled, cut in wedges
- 2 navel oranges
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1 ½ tbsps
- Kosher salt – to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper – to taste
- Baby arugula – 2 cups
- Low-fat ricotta cheese – ¼ cup
- Caraway seeds – 1 tsp
- Place the beets in a saucepan, cover with water; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, let simmer for 15 minutes (until soft); drain.
- Grate the unpeeled oranges to get 2 teaspoons of zest.
- Peel the oranges, divide into sections. Reserve 4 sections.
- In a salad bowl, combine zest, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Squeeze the juice from the reserved sections, mix well.
- Arrange 1/2cup arugula, ¼ beets and orange sections in a nice heap on each of the 4 plates; drizzle with the dressing. Top with a tablespoon of ricotta and a pinch of caraway seeds. Serve.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.