- 1 onion, sliced very thinly
- Apple cider vinegar – ¼ cup
- Whole grain mustard – 2 tbsp.
- Honey – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Olive oil – 2/3 cup
- Kosher salt – to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Collard greens – 1 small bunch, stems trimmed, shredded
- Green cabbage – ½ small head, shredded
- Cooked bacon – 6 slices, crumbled
- Whisk apple cider vinegar with honey, mustard, and olive oil. Mix in the onions. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes, tossing occasionally to help the onions wilt.
- Add collards greens and cabbage to a salad bowl, top with wilted onions and dressing, toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.