- Dried pasilla chile (chile negro) – 1
- Chicken broth – 2 (14.5 ounce) cans
- Salsa Verde – 1 cup
- Pork tenderloins, cut into 1-inch cubes – 1 pound
- Chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes – 1 pound
- Onion, diced – 1 large
- Garlic, minced – 2 cloves
- Bay leaf – 1
- Dried Mexican oregano – 2 tsp.
- Ground cumin – 1 tbsp.
- Diced green chiles – 1 (4.25 ounce) can
- Hominy – 2 (15 ounce) cans
- Place the dried chile in a bowl with boiling water until softened, for about 20-30 minutes or; drain well and discard the water. Remove the stem from the chile. Puree pastille chile with 1 cup of chicken broth into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the pureed mixture into a slow cooker. Add all the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker. Cover with a lid and cook on HIGH for 5-6 hours or LOW for 7-8 hours. Serve with shredded lettuce, sliced radishes, onions, cheese and fresh cilantro.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Slow cooker recipes