- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Fresh mushrooms – 1 (4 ounce) package, sliced
- Garlic – 2 cloves, chopped
- Diced celery – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1/3 cup, diced
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Chicken bouillon – 1 1/2 cubes
- Garbanzo beans – 2 (12 ounce) cans, drained and rinsed
- Eggs – 1
- Dried sage - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Ground black pepper - 1 tsp or to taste
- Set oven to 350° F/175° C/Gas Mark 4. Grease a baking dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry mushrooms, garlic, celery, and onion for 3 to 5 minutes. Pour in water and bouillon; cook and stir until the bouillon is dissolved.
- Mix garbanzo beans, egg, sage, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl. Mash together with your hands; add the vegetable mixture and mix; place into the prepared baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes; remove the foil and bake uncovered for another 10 to 15 minutes.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Thanksgiving recipes