- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp.
- Onion, chopped – 1
- Garlic cloves, minced – 1
- Celery stalks, sliced – 2
- Shitake mushrooms – 1 lb
- Sea salt – 1 1/2 tsp
- black pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Water – 12 cups
- Baby bok choy, bottoms chopped off – 4 heads
- Kale, chopped 1/2 head
- Freshly grated ginger 1 tablespoon
- Chop off the bottom of the stem from your mushrooms and discard. Separate stems from caps and cut mushrooms in large pieces.
- Heat up coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add in celery and mushrooms and sauté for about 10 minutes. Add spices, water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let simmer with the lid on for 1 hour.
- Add bok choy and kale in the last 10 minutes of cooking to wilt.
- Serve warm or store for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Vegetarian recipes