(cooking time: 1 hr; 8 servings)
- Carrots – 1 ½ lb, peeled, cut in half lengthwise and further into 4’’ sticks
- Parsnips – 1 ½ lb, peeled, cut in half lengthwise and further into 4’’ sticks
- Olive oil – 2 tbsps
- Kosher salt – to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper – to taste
- ¼ onion, small chopped
- Unsalted butter – 4 tbsps, chopped into pieces
- Bourbon – ¼ cup
- Dark brown sugar – 3 tbsps
- While preheating oven to 450°F/230°C/Gas Mark 8, toss carrot and parsnip sticks with oil on a baking sheet with rims. Season generously with salt and pepper, pop in the oven, bake for 25 minutes, giving the baking sheet an occasional toss to let the veggies cook through and char beautifully.
- Remove roots from oven. Sprinkle with chopped onions, butter pieces, and brown sugar. Add splashes of bourbon and toss to coat evenly. Pop back in the oven and continue roasting for 8 minutes until caramelized.
- Serve on plates with cooking juices poured over.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Vegetarian recipes